Monday, April 9, 2012

More than eggs

"I recall being lost and empty;
Wishin' for another life to come and get me.
Dark days waitin' for the sun to hit me;
They tell me quit hopin' and I say don't tempt me. 
Lookin' for a hope in a pretty face, any day, any place gotta be better than what I'm livin' in.
What a cruel joke that this world plays,
Never said there's another ocean
That I could be swimmin' in.
So I'm done bein' trapped and lonely;
Found a new life and I scrapped the old me.
Made a scrapbook called a testimony;
If you knew me, the new me is how you know me.
Tell them false hopes don't call or phone me.
Tell hollywood that I know she's phony.
I was once lost, now I'm found.
I couldn't look up, but God looked down. "


This is the summation of my Easter. A reminder that I was once lost, but now I'm found. Jesus lived the life I am called to live, and died the death that I should of died. If Christ were never born, if He had not lived a sinless life, if He had not died, if His body did not take in the sins of the world and transfer His righteousness to us, if He had not conquered death and resurrected Himself, if He had not called His sheep by name, if He had not seated Himself in the heavenly places by God the Father and made forgiveness for our sins, we would be without hope. But thanks be to God, that we have an Easter. We have a day to remind us that Christ was born in the form of baby. He did live a sinless life. He did die on a cross. His body did take in all of our sins and the wrath of God while His righteousness covered us. He did conquer death. He did resurrect Himself from the grave. He does call His sheep by name and we hear His voice. He is seated in the heavenly places by God. And He has made us clean. We are forgiven and loved. This is Easter. Don't forget that Easter is more than eggs and a hyped sugar rush. It is about the risen Christ. It is about Him looking down since we are too blind to look up. Our Jesus is a great Savior. 






Quote from Jimmy Needham song, "I Will Find You". 

No comments:

Post a Comment